Castle Renovation (House No.5)
It’s not every day you get asked to renovate a real life Castle so we were really excited at the opportunity.
Located high up in the hills of Beaconsfield Vic, this gorgeous Castle had all the hallmarks of a CLASSIC masterpiece but was in desperate need of repairs. Certain areas of the house completely unliveable, felt very cold and dark, so solutions to add more natural and create warmth, was at the top of the list.
This Castle features, breathtaking 360 degree views, 2 storey, Tower and Rooftop, full of character inside and out. The brief was to modernise without removing all of its unique character, and totally off-grid.
It took an army of Trades, freezing winter conditions, weeks of rain but in 18 weeks, its unrecognisable. A place to be treasured for years to come.
Our biggest project yet, super proud of how it came together - the transformation is nothing short of amazing.
Project Date: Oct 2022 - Feb 2023
Space: Whole House
Design Brief: Modern Medieval
What we did:
- Removed old Laundry, Garage Wall, 2 sets of stairs, doors, kitchen and floors.
- Replaced all external & internal windows, doors and hardware
- Removed old Garage Doors, replaced with Custom Design Arch Double- Doors.
- Concreted ground floor to create level flooring connecting to existing floor level
- Battened and Plastered almost every wall and ceiling of the house
- Installed new kitchen, laundry, bedroom wardrobes, WIR, lounge room cabinetry
- Installed new lighting, switches, data points and PowerPoints throughout
- Built & Installed 2 new staircases with custom steel balustrades
- Installed Linen Sheers throughout
- Painting and Caulking throughout
- Tiled external entry and stairs
A mother of a renovation. Huge THANK YOU to everyone involved especially the homeowners for putting their trust in our team.